Follow our step-by-step plan to employment.
- Register on Employ Florida Marketplace
- Assess Yourself
- Research the Labor Market
- Write Great Resumes
If you're uncertain about your career goals and objectives, consider completing a few career assessments that will help you identify your top skills, motivators and career preferences. Explore careers based on occupation, industry and your interests at www.MyNextMove.org.
Visit your local JobsPlus One-Stop Career Center to take an in-depth computer-based career interest and aptitude test.
Assessment Tools and Resources
- The Skills Profiler identifies skills and matches them to jobs
- O*NET's Ability Profiler matches strengths with occupations
- O*NET's Interest Profiler identifies broad interest areas
- O*NET's Work Importance Locator identifies job features that are important to you
- Employability Checkup provides a snapshot of your employability
- Florida Choices - tools from the Florida Department of Education
Learn what skills are in demand now, and which occupations have projected growth.
Ready to create a brand-new resume? Need to update your old resume? Check your local JobsPlus One-Stop Career Centers for resume class dates.
CareerOneStop's Resume Guide will help you create a resume that will stand out in today's job market.
- Why you need a great resume
- A step-by-step plan for what to include in your resume
- Tips for writing, formatting, and polishing
- Sample resumes from a variety of job seekers
- Ways to market your resume and get it into the right hands
- How to make the most of the Internet and tools like LinkedIn and Facebook
- Answers to the most frequently asked resume questions
Experts estimate that more than 80% of all positions are filled through networking contacts. Are you working your network to your best advantage?
- Learn networking skills
- Successful job search networking tips
- Join our networking group, the Emerald Coast Professionals
Interviews are very important. Employers interview candidates to find a good fit for their business. An interview is your opportunity to learn more about an employer and the available job(s).
There are two main types of interviews:
Although the tips and strategies for each type are unique, preparation is the key to both. Sign-up for our interviewing class or schedule a practice interview session with our associates.